FYI: first come first serve basis to most likely the first 500 applicants
I am happy to announce that the San Jose Promise Grant application is now available on our website:http://westvalley.edu/community-grant/.
We are very excited to offer your students this grant. We will mail the announcement flyer to the homes of all of your seniors. Please feel free to share this email with students, other advisors and staff. Below are the eligibility requirements:
Attention Class of 2017 High School Grads
We’ll Pay For Your First Year of College
Includes: One-Year Free Tuition, Textbook Grant and Transportation Support, which can include Free Parking *
* This offer is limited, so apply soon.
- Students must be 2017 high school graduates from a public, private, or home school program.
- Students must live in the City of San Jose
- Students need to apply to WVC and receive a student I.D. number before completing the Community Grant application. Apply to West Valley College. If you already have a WVC Student ID number, you can apply for the San Jose Promise or Community Grant now.
- Final high school transcripts or diploma with posted graduation date must be received in the WVC Outreach office or via email by August 5, 2017
- Students are required to enroll in a minimum of 12 units by Friday, September 9, 2017
- The offer is for the Fall 2017 and Spring 2018 semesters only
- Students need to complete the "Big 3" - Assessment, Orientation, and Educational Plan before the grant is credited
- Students eligible for the Board of Governor's fee waiver (BOGW) will receive the free tuition credit through that program. The college will pay other applicable student fees as part of the grant
- Proof of residency is required
- For additional information please email us atWVC.Outreach@westvalley.edu
Elizabeth T. Ochoa
Financial Aid, Outreach Specialist
West Valley College