Academies & Programs Alumni Athletics BeautifulDayIHS Bell Schedules Campus Map Course Catalogue CyberHigh District Calendar Facilities FAQ Finance Center Goodwill Program IHS App IHS Library Important Phone Numbers Incoming 9th Grader & New Students Mission Statement Newsletter Archive School Accountability Report Card Staff Directory Student Learning Outcomes (SLOs) Summer Mailer Summer School
Administration Counseling Office Directory Registration/Transcripts Safety & Discipline Summer School
IHS Counseling Counselor Contact Info Graduation and College Requirements College Applications Course Information Senior Info Junior Info Sophomore Info Freshman Info Testing Useful Forms Scholarships and Financial Aid College Info and Special Programs Community Service Opportunities Counseling Counselors
Behavior Policy Collaboration Dates Discipline Policy Dress Code Electronics Policy Summer Assignments (AP & Advanced) a-g Academies and Magnets AP Calendar Daily Bulletin ESLRS Finals Free/Reduced Lunch Forms Library LunchMenu Student Handbook Student Learning Outcomes Student Support Center Testing UCP Yearbook Order
Attendance Office Back to School Night Collaboration Dates ELAC Finals SBAC Testing School Site Council Student Handbook Student Learning Outcomes (SLOs) Uniform Complaint Procedure
Academic Language Behavior Referrals (How To) Bell Schedules Bookroom Appointments Collaboration Documents Common Core Computer Labs Cruncher Data Director Discipline ECARMS (access request management system) Employee Acceptable Use Policy for Technology ESU Substitute Website Facilities Calendar Field Trip Calendar IHS Library Illuminate Infinite Campus Repro Services Supervision Teacher Handbook Teleparent Testing Webmail Work Orders Student Learning Outcomes
Physical Education (PE)
Administration Attendance Bell Schedules Calendar Collaborations Forms




Elsa Laughlin, Registrar
Phone: 408.928.9514

Naicila Vidal, Assistant Registrar
Phone: 408.928.9598

The Registrar's Office is located in the Main Administration Building at Independence High School

Frequently Asked Questions

1) Registration

  1. Hours:  M-F 8:00--2:30 pm
  2. Requirements:
    • Parent/Guardian present, with a Photo ID
    • Withdrawal papers from former high school
    • Immunization Record- TB test w/in 12 months, if entering Santa Clara County
    • Birth Certificate
    • Proof of Residency
      • For home owners: Complete district residency form, provide a copy of mortgage statement and/or escrow papers, a PG&E and/or water bill.
      • For renters: Complete district residency form, provide a copy of lease agreement and/or a notarized letter of residency, plus 2 other bills in the parent/guardian name (phone, credit card, DMV, car insurance, etc.).

2)  Withdrawal

  1. Hours:  M-F 8:00--2:30 pm
  2. Requirements: 
    • Parent/Guardian present, with a Photo ID
    • Parent should be accompanied by student to turn in books and get signatures & grades from teachers

3)  Home Teaching

  1. Requirements: 
    • A home teaching application must be filled out by the doctor/physician overseeing the student
    • Completed application is to be turned into the District Office, Special Services
    • Notification will be made after approval/denial is determined by the District Office
  2. Download "What you should know about home & hospital" schooling
  3. Download Application

4)  Transcripts

There is a three (3) day turn around for transcripts upon receipt of the request. For more information about transcripts, including the trasncript request form, please click the link for transcripts.


Registration/Transcripts Locker

PPT, Word, Excel Viewers [Go]
Acrobat Reader [Go]