Skip to main content

New & Incoming Students

Contact Alicia Suba  (408) 928-9514

The Registration Office Is Located In N-01/Main Administration Building At Independence High School  

Frequently Asked Questions  

When Is The Office Open?

  • Hours:  M-F 8:00--2:30 pm   

What Documentation Do I Need To Register?

  • Parent/Guardian Present, With A Valid Photo Id
  • Withdrawal Papers From Former High School (Including Official Transcript And Leaving Grades)
  • Immunization Record--Tb Test within 12 Months, If Entering Santa Clara County
  • Birth Certificate
  • Proof Of Residency
    • For Home Owners: Complete District Residency Form, Provide A Copy Of Mortgage Statement And/Or Escrow Papers, a PG&E and/or Water Bill.
    • For Renters: Complete District Residency Form, Provide A Copy Of Lease Agreement And/Or A Notarized Letter Of Residency, Plus 2 Other Bills In The Parent/Guardian Name (Phone, Credit Card, Dmv, Car Insurance, Etc.)  

How Can I Withdraw?

  • Hours:  M-F 8:00--2:30 Pm
  • Requirements: 
    • Parent/Guardian Present, With A Photo ID 
    • Parent Should Be Accompanied By Student To Turn In Books And Get Signatures & Grades From Teachers  

How Can I Begin Home Teaching My Student?

  • Download "What You Should Know About Home & Hospital Schooling"        
  • Requirements:
    • Download Application
    • A Home Teaching Application Must Be Filled Out By The Doctor/Physician Overseeing The Student
    • Completed Application Is To Be Turned Into The District Office, Special Services
    • Notification Will Be Made After Approval/Denial Is Determined By The District Office 

How Do I Obtain Transcripts?

  • There Is A Three (3) Day Turn Around For Transcripts Upon Receipt Of The Request.
  • For More Information About Transcripts, Including The Transcript Request Form, Please Click The Link For Transcripts.