Skip to main content


Contact Alicia Suba  Alicia Suba (408) 928-9514 Registrar

The Registrar's Office is located in the Main Administration Building (N1) at Independence High School

Frequently Asked Questions

When is the office open?

  • Hours:  M-F 8:00--2:30 pm

What documentation do I need to register?

  • Parent/Guardian present, with a valid Photo ID
  • Withdrawal papers from former high school (including official transcript and leaving grades)
  • Immunization Record- TB test w/in 12 months, if entering Santa Clara County
  • Birth Certificate
  • Proof of Residency
  • For home owners: Complete district residency form, provide a copy of mortgage statement and/or escrow papers, a PG&E and/or water bill.
  • For renters: Complete district residency form, provide a copy of lease agreement and/or a notarized letter of residency, plus 2 other bills in the parent/guardian name (phone, credit card, DMV, car insurance, etc.)

How can I withdraw?

  • Hours:  M-F 8:00--2:30 pm
  • Requirements: 
  • Parent/Guardian present, with a Photo ID
  • Parent should be accompanied by student to turn in books and get signatures & grades from teachers

How can I begin Home Teaching my student?

  • Requirements: 
  • A home teaching application must be filled out by the doctor/physician overseeing the student
  • Completed application is to be turned into the District Office, Special Services
  • Notification will be made after approval/denial is determined by the District Office


How do I obtain Transcripts and Replacement Diplomas?

There is a three (3) day turn around for transcripts upon receipt of the request.

For more information about transcripts, including the transcript request form, please click the link for transcripts.

Diplomas take 8-10 weeks to replace

Registration/Transcripts Locker